Saturday, May 21, 2005

Too Much Travel

It has taken me several weeks to recover from more travel than I am used to. In early April I arrived in Australia, planning to spend two weeks in the Sydney area for my son’s wedding. As soon as I got my email, I learned that I had been nominated for the James Beard Foundation Journalism Award, with the ceremony to take place in New York City just ten days after my return to my home in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In Australia, I was Master of Ceremonies for the wedding. I arrived back in Albuquerque Tuesday April 19th after more than 24 hours in the air or in airports, competed in a Toastmasters speech contest that Friday (taking second place state-wide), flew to New York the next Tuesday, attended the sumptuous banquet and award ceremony that Friday, and return exhausted the next day. Three weeks have now passed and I am just back to normal.

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 14, 11:36:00 AM 2009, Anonymous Peg said...

Wow, I feel you for traveling all the time! Sometimes it is just good to be home again after all the excitement. For my daughter's wedding there were a few parties around different countries because of our extended family's inability to travel, and we had to scour http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/destination_management.html to find someone who could keep it all straight for us! After that I said I needed my next vacation... to be at home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home